Databases vs. Websites
- Paid for by the library. Often very expensive!
- Cannot be searched in Google.
- Includes sources written by professors, scholars, journalists, "smart people", etc.
- Authority of information is verified by experts.
- Access is free. No one is paying for the content.
- Anyone can publish a website. The information included is often not verified by anyone.
- Can be searched in a variety of search engines, including Google.
- Must examine with a critical eye!
Social Studies & History Resources
Freshmen English Research Paper (Human Rights)